Fast Facts About Living in Sun City West, AZ
What to know about living in Sun City West.
Population (2020): 26,043
- Mesa, AZ: 1hr
- Tucson, AZ: 2hr 20min
- Phoenix, AZ: 45min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $31,431
- Household: $54,444
County: Maricopa County
Type of location: Suburban
Why is Sun City West, AZ, a Nice Place to Live?
Sun City West is an age-restricted community near the town of Surprise, Arizona. It’s part of the greater Phoenix metro area and is the sister city to Sun City Grand. To live in the community, residents must be 55 years of age or older. Younger residents are permitted, but at least one member of their household must meet the age requirement.
Living in Sun City West gives residents the opportunity to enjoy seven golf courses, recreational centers, shopping centers, restaurants, and more. Because Sun City West is a private community, many of these amenities are for residents only and aren’t open to the general public.
What is Sun City West Known For?
Sun City West offers all sorts of recreational and wellness activities. In fact, there are 27 tennis courts, 30 bowling lanes, 26 pickleball courts, three outdoor pools, four fitness centers, a softball field, and two mini golf courses.
There are also many parks, dog parks, restaurants, and shopping centers. This includes the Sundome Plaza and Sun West Plaza.
Outside of Sun City West, residents are able to visit the neighboring towns of Surprise and the entire Phoenix area. Green spaces around Surprise include Maricopa Lake, Surprise Lake, and White Tank Mountain Regional Park. Closer to Phoenix, attractions include Camelback Mountain, Papago Park, and the Heard Museum.
What Are the Best Restaurants?
Some of the restaurants in and around Sun City West, AZ, with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Hole ‘n One, for a casual breakfast and lunch restaurant serving traditional American dishes like eggs, biscuits and gravy, meatloaf, burgers, and more.
- Nino’s Mexican Restaurant, for a variety of Mexican plates including chimichangas, burritos, enchiladas, and tacos.
- Memo’s Bistro, for classic American fare like burgers, deli sandwiches, and breakfast omelettes.
- Nan Jing, for a casual Chinese restaurant serving favorites like chow mein, fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, and more.
- Florencia Pizza, for various styles of pizzas, from deep dish to thin crust, as well as sub sandwiches, salads, and soups.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Sun City West, Arizona, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 623-283-2067 to get immediate help.