Fast Facts About Living in Surprise, AZ
What to know about living in Surprise.
Population (2021): 149,191
- Mesa, AZ: 1hr 5min
- Tucson, AZ: 2hr 28min
- Phoenix, AZ: 47min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $34,770
- Household: $71,192
County: Maricopa County
Type of location: Urban / Suburban
Why is Surprise, AZ, a Nice Place to Live?
Surprise is a suburb a little less than an hour outside of Phoenix. Residents range from young professionals and families to retirees. The community is known as a great place for families due to its low crime rates, good job growth, and many green spaces.
Children living in Surprise attend the highly-rated Dysart Unified School District. The district includes twenty K through 8th grade schools, four high schools, and one alternative school. It has a student teacher ratio of 19 to 1.
What is Surprise Known For?
There are many activities and attractions in and around Surprise, Arizona. One of the biggest is the Surprise Stadium, which is the training ground for the Kansas City Royals and the Texas Rangers baseball teams. The city also has an extensive recreational tennis complex called the Surprise Tennis and Racquet Complex, which hosts professional events year-round.
Other activities include the Surprise Aquatic Center, the Wildlife World Zoo Litchfield Park, White Tank Mountain Regional Park, and the Pitchfork Farmers Market. There are also numerous golf courses available to people living in Surprise. Just a few are:
- Granite Falls Golf Club
- Coyote Lakes Golf Club
- Sun Village Golf Course
- Desert Springs Golf Course
What Are the Best Restaurants?
Some of the restaurants in and around Surprise, AZ, with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Angry Crab Shack, for a casual seafood restaurant with plates such as oysters, clam chowder, lobster rolls, and gumbo.
- Lou’s Tivoli Gardens, for a mix of Italian and American fare including pastas, burgers, steaks, and breakfast dishes.
- Portofino Ristorante West, for classic Italian dishes like spaghetti, chicken marsala, eggplant parmesan, and an extensive wine menu.
- Uni Sushi, for a laid-back Japanese restaurant with a sushi bar, teriyaki, ramen, udon, and more.
- Saigon Kitchen, for a casual Vietnamese restaurant serving plates like bahn mi sandwiches, pho, and vermicelli noodles.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Surprise, Arizona, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 623-283-2067 to get immediate help.