Fast Facts About Living in Tolleson, AZ
What to know about living in Tolleson.
Population (2021): 7,295
- Mesa, AZ: 1hr
- Tucson, AZ: 2hr 30min
- Phoenix, AZ: 27min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $26,763
- Household: $54,494
County: Maricopa County
Type of location: Suburban
Why is Living in Tolleson Nice?
Tolleson, Arizona, is a smaller suburb half an hour outside of Phoenix. Most residents are families or young professionals. The area is known for its low cost of living and great public school district. In fact, Tolleson has a lower cost of living than the national average and most other cities in Arizona.
Children living in Tolleson may attend one of several school districts directly in the city or the surrounding area. In Tolleson, school districts include the Tolleson Union High School District and Tolleson Elementary School District. These districts include six high schools and four elementary schools. On average, the student-teacher ratio is 24 to 1.
Other school districts in the area kids might go to are Littleton Elementary School District, Union Elementary School District, and Fowler Elementary School District.
What is Tolleson Known For?
There are many attractions in and around Tolleson, Arizona. This includes hiking to Monument Hill, catching a baseball game at Goodyear Ballpark in the nearby town of Goodyear, visiting the Tres Rios Wetlands, or touring the Glendale Historic District. In addition, the Phoenix International Raceway is just a short drive from Tolleson.
Residents living in Tolleson are also close to Phoenix, which allows them to easily visit sites like the Phoenix Zoo, Phoenix Art Museum, and Arizona Science Center.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Tolleson?
Some of the restaurants in and around Tolleson, AZ, with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Tamales Guadalajara, for a casual Mexican restaurant serving burritos, tortas, tamales, chilaquiles, and more.
- Tacos Calafia, for a laid back Mexican restaurant offering dishes like nachos, quesadillas, tacos, and burritos.
- Fuego bar and grill, for Mexican-themed breakfast and dinner plates like Huevos Rancheros, tamales, tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.
- Pete’s Fish & Chips, for fish and chips, shrimp, scallops, and other seafood.
- Adam’s Pizza, for a wide selection of pizzas, chicken wings, bread sticks, salads, and more.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Tolleson, Arizona, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 623-283-2067 to get immediate help.