Fast Facts About Living in Waddell, AZ
What to know about living in Waddell.
Population (2020): 12,756
- Mesa, AZ: 1hr
- Tucson, AZ: 2hr 48min
- Phoenix, AZ: 35min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $43,605
- Household: $94,246
County: Maricopa County
Type of location: Suburban
Why is Living in Waddell Nice?
Waddell, Arizona, is an unincorporated suburban community northwest of Phoenix. Residents living in Waddell tend to be on the younger side, either young professionals or families commuting into Phoenix. The town is a great place for those who want to live in a quieter area outside of Phoenix and have more access to the outdoors.
Children in Waddell attend the Dysart Unified School District, which has twenty K through 8th grade schools and four high schools. As a whole, the district has AdvancED Accreditation. It has also received the NCA Model School District Award and NSBA Technology Spotlight Award.
What is Waddell Known For?
Waddell and the surrounding area is known for its green spaces. This includes the White Tanks State Park, Camelback Mountain, and Black Canyon Trail, which provide ample opportunity for hiking, biking, and enjoying nature.
Other nearby activities include the Wild Life World Zoo, watching a baseball game at the Surprise Stadium, visiting the Pitchfork Farmers Market, or swimming at the Surprise Aquatic Center.
Waddell is also a short drive from Phoenix, allowing easy access to sites like the Desert Botanical Garden, Musical Instrument Museum, and OdySea Aquarium.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Waddell?
Some of the restaurants in and around Waddell, AZ, with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Burrito BARN, for a casual dine-in and takeout restaurant serving burritos, tacos, and quesadillas.
- Vogue Bistro, for a more upscale restaurant serving American plates with a French twist.
- Mesquite Fresh Street Mex, for tacos, burritos, bowls, and quesadillas made with fresh ingredients.
- Reel Pizza Pies, for pizzas, sub sandwiches, meatballs, wings, and more.
- Big Buddha Restaurant, for a Chinese restaurant offering dishes like chow mein, fried rice, and honey walnut shrimp.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Waddell, Arizona, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 623-283-2067 to get immediate help.